Intranet Login Form
|REC - The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe, Country Office Ljubljana|
Description of Organization:
Regional Environmental Center, Country Office (CO) Ljubljana (REC Ljubljana) started its operation in Slovenia in 1994 as one of the 17 REC COs and is known as an organisation that often brings together representatives of different stakeholders groups who otherwise have difficulties in communication, and facilitates effective discussions on different environmental and sustainable development topics. One of the most important characteristics of the REC Ljubljana is its neutral, non-advocacy and non-partisan role. This enables the REC Ljubljana to maintain a central position among different stakeholders, and excellent relations and cooperation with all of them.
The REC Ljubljana dedicates majority of capacities and work to support the sustainable development in Slovenia, mainly with capacity building of several stakeholders, information dissemination and supporting public participation in decision-making. It provides assistance to all constituents including academic, business sector, NGOs, local authorities and governmental organizations. The CO Ljubljana has permanent staff of 6 employees, but cooperates with a pool of other experts when implementing projects.
The REC Ljubljana plays the role of an initiator and coordinator of several environmental and sustainable development areas in Slovenia. Some of the concrete areas of excellence are:
· Introducing new trends in sustainable development policy-making and implementation of international conventions and environmental legislation;
· Multi-stakeholder dialogue, supporting the partnership principle and public participation / communication and dissemination activities
· Sustainable development targeting on the civil society and industry sector and on regional development in light of EU policies;
· Research and development of capacity building modules for all stakeholder groups.
· Managing of Grand Donation Scheme.
Name: Andrej Klemenc